Thursday, December 27, 2007

Winter!

I officially love winter! This is my first true winter and I'm enjoying every piece of it. Those from these parts claim that I'll hate it soon...at least by February/March when it is STILL snowing. Maybe so, but for now it is purely magical for me.

The first snowfall was really more of a tease. We did have some flaks like this in Atlanta a couple of times. Still, coming from 2.5 years of 80+ degree weather, I had to capture these first few flakes!


fall leaves and winter flakes
And when the first true snow came, it really came. I had gone into class in the morning to dry streets. Four hours later, I emerged from the windowless classroom to see about two inches of snow on the ground. Promptly, I ran outside and made a snow angel right there in the nursing school parking lot. Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of that snow angel, but I do have some pictures I took after I got home. (We walked home by the way and it was great fun. I was covered with snow and my hair was icicles by the time we got there 45 minutes later!)
looking off our front porch
There I am - so happy about winter!
Looking down the street.

No comments: