Thursday, December 27, 2007

Navidad de Tejas

And the semester came and went and finally it was time to go home to celebrate the joyful season of Christmas. Indeed it has been a joy to be in the United States this holiday season.

Outside of being around people who appreciate the true meaning of Christmas, I was struck again and again through the season by all of the little details that I love so much and missed while I was away. The parties, the lights, Christmas clothes, wreathes on people's doors, the cookies and the general holiday spirit that permeates each day during this time of year.


When I got home, I saw my cute little house all decorated for Christmas. This is the house that has been 'home' since my birth. Mom may sell it soon, but I was so glad to have at least one more Christmas here before that happens.



And no holiday season in complete without driving around looking at beautiful houses with beautiful lights. Here are a few that we saw.

white lights are my favorite!

wow!

My first Christmas celebration was with my mom's side of the family. Grandma Do turned 90 in October and though she is unable to speak because of her dementia, we know she still understand love!

my Do

The newest member of the family is little Miku. She just turned 1 and is Do's first and only great-grandchild. We all enjoyed watching this little one (especially her grandma!)

At dad's, before the celebrations began, I went with Abby out to the barn to see her "babies".

good pig. OINK!

her cow's name is Emma

(I try not to take this personally!)

Emma behaves better for her mom!

And as Rachael was managing a photos with Santa booth this year, we all had to go and have our picture taken with the old guy in red.

Merry Christmas Y'all!

No comments: