Thursday, December 07, 2006

Just a quick post from INDIA! We made it to new Delhi safe and sound this afternoon. The flight was good and we met several interesting Indian people coming from Thailand: a lady who is living in Thailand and married to a Thai man, a man who has been working in Bangkok for business in two month intervals for the last year and a Indian man who is technically "Thai" because he was born and raised in Thailand. This man was coming home for his wedding...Tomorrow! We told him that he was cutting it short, but he insisted that he was in time! :) Additionally, he does not know the agenda of his four day wedding - was going to be "debriefed" tonight. We laughed a lot and told him that he had to put his wife before his work. His response, 'Well, I'm not married yet!" But actually, I think he's a really nice guy. We traded numbers and plan to get together once he's back in Bangkok with his wife.

Kristina's friend Kristine ( confusing, huh?) picked met us at the airport with the taxi from the guesthouse. This was nice, so we didn't have to worry about getting scammed. The ride was really long and the traffic crazy. I didn't see quite as many cows as last year when I first arrived in Chennai, but maybe I just expected them this time.

Our guesthouse is in a really neat part of Delhi on a street called "Main Bazaar". There are shops and stalls everywhere. The hustle, bustle and noise of India are totally different from Thailand and I just love it! I already bought one outfit to wear to the wedding next week and I plan to buy more. We walked around for a while and then ate dinner on the rooftop of a restaurant. Nothing beats Indian food. The breeze and temperature were actually cold on the roof. What a wonderful change. I'm heading to bed now because I'm exhausted, but I'm looking forward to every minute of this trip!

More updates and pictures to come.

No comments: