Monday, December 18, 2006

I haven't been able to blog quite as regularly as I had intended to at the outset of this trip. So, I will have to play catch-up when I return to Thailand on Thursday.

I have now finished two of the three parts of this amazing trip to India. We completed the golden triangle in the north - Delhi, Agra (Taj Mahal) and Jaipur (way too much shopping) before flying down to Bombay.

The last 5.5 dfays have been spent attending wedding celebrations for one of Kristina's college roomates, Kavita. She married an American, so the wedding guests were very international. I was so honored to be included.

Indian weddings are really something and last anywhere from 3-5 days. I will outline each day later. For todays post, here are some pictures from the wedding ceremony itself which took place two days ago. (More explanations on specifics later). For now - a few pictures:


Some of the girls (with henna-ed hands)
some of the guys (the groom is center)

the brother (front) and sister (in pink) the the bride go out to meet the groom
the groom arrives on a white horse with friends and family dancing around him
the groom crushes a small clay pot to leave the bad behind

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your dress is so beautiful!!