Monday, April 02, 2007

A trip to Cambodia

I am no longer a Peace Corps Volunteer! It is hard to belive and leaves me existing in somewhat of a twilight zone. My last days in my community were filled wtih love and sad goodbyes. Many of my friends drove me to the bus station in Korat city to see me off. It was really touching.
After a week of administrative stuff in Bangkok, our status was changed from PCV (Peace Corps Volunteer) to RPCV (Returned Peace Corps Volunteer) and we are no longer privy to the 24 hour medical help and free internet access. But, now the next chapter of life can commence! Hooray!
Seven hours after we were 'released from service' I headed out of Bangkok with Natalie and her fiance Andrew to Cambodia. We arrived in Phnom Pehn and immediately boarded a bus going to Siem Reap. Here are a few pictures from that journey.
A neat cell phone ad in the airport
Yumm! Baguettes and laughing cow cheese!
Thank goodness for the French
traditional Khmer house seen from the bus ride
more houses
Natalie and Andrew getting around town in a Khmer tuk tuk

No comments: