Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Yesterday was Nong Neuy's (one of P Noot's nieces) birthday. She turned ten.


I have started a tradition with P Noot's family that we have a cake for each person's birthday. I bake the cake and then the family comes together and we have a small party. This is a western way of celebrating birthdays, but the family loves it.
For past birthdays, I have just made a simple cake by hand. However, a friend in Atlanta has taken several classes on cake decorating and recently sent me a cake decorating kit. P Noot was excited to try it out with me. Nong Neuy was the first to get a "professional" cake:
Emily and Noot make a border around the edge
P Noot takes a turn with the icing bag
The finished cake
Nong Neuy, the birthday girl, with me and her cake

light the candles - Happy Birthday to Neuy!

1 comment:

KateMV said...

Yum, it looks awfully good!