Tuesday, January 09, 2007

We left the Taj Mahal around 10 and checked out of our hotel. After this we had lunch at a rooftop restaurant (from which we could see the Taj) and walked around a little more on our own. Actually, I really loved the tablecloths at the restaurant (see picture below) that I asked where they had purchased them. I was given directions to a small fabric shop in the small backstreets of town. Amazingly we found our way there and they knew what I wanted and promptly sold me the remaining two pieces of cloth! That is amazing!
Here we are at lunch. You can make out the Taj Mahal through the fog in the background. Our pot of Chai Masala (yumm) tea is on the table. The tablecloth is the one I later bought!
Camels are one of the many animals that fill the streets in India.
Every country has some sort of public announcement system! I love this one.
After lunch and walking around on our own for a while, we took a short tour of the town. Unfortunately my camera died, but not before I got this nice picture at one of the forts we visited.
Kristine and Kristina in front of the fort.
And finally, I had to share this bathroom sign. Even these women are in saris!

No comments: