Saturday, November 14, 2009

Happy Halloween!

Halloween I drove down to DC to be with Natalie, Andrew and Audrey. I decided that we needed to dress up and that we should go "in theme". My prior visit to DC had included a shopping trip during which Natalie found a very cute pumpkin costume for Audrey. But, this left me with a lack of creativity as to how the bigger ones of us would fit this theme - varieties of fall squash, perhaps???

Natalie, so amazinly creative, came up with the answer:
Audrey: pumpkin
Natalie: vine (that grew the pumpkin)
Emily: farmer (plucker of pumpkins)
(And Andrew declined from participating in the dress up fun)

How perfect is that??? (Found out later she was hoping I'd reject the idea, but she didn't tell me that until she was dressed as a "fluffy" vine). I thought we were a great group.

Some last minutes shopping on my part produced the following scene:

I thought Natalie's vine looked great and I insisted that she attach it to hear head (plus, this was the placement least likely to be eaten by the little pumpkin!)


cute pumpkin with mommy and with daddy

We found a "recepticle" for trick-or-treating and were on our way

Only natural that one first holds the basket (brute strength) and then eats it! ha.

It was so special to be there for her first Halloween. And time with Natalie and Andrew was WAY better than the drunken shin-digs that New Haven had to offer on this ghouly night.

Trick-or-treating....of course everyone knew the candy was really for us!

No comments: