Saturday, November 14, 2009

Catch-up post: the new love of my life - my pseudo-niece


Between the time that I stopped writing and now a new, beautiful person has come into the world.

*cue angels singing*   Audrey   *cue stop angels singing*

My best friend, Natalie from Peace Corps and her husband had a little surprise blessed upon them this year. We had scheduled weekly phone conversations during the course of her pregnancy and it was so fun to see what I was learning (as I was in my prenatal course at that time) being played out as she went through it. I had insight into possible emotions/changes that moms go through and I could offer her some of the information that I was learning. It was so delightful.  Fortunately, she is in DC, so I am able to get down there fairly frequently.

So, here's the quick catch up:

1. Natalie and Andrew learn they are pregnant. They are a little stunned, I am nothing but extatic! 
2. I get (almost)weekly pictures of the gorgeous belly bump:

3. I go to DC for innaguration and get to hug and squeeze Natalie and bump and poke the little peanut, who kicks me back!

4.Another trip to DC/Baltimore for the baby shower:

Quilt made of pieces of Thai fabrics (and lots of love!)


Yale Midwifery onsie

5. May 2, 2009 Audrey is born. What an angel! (Natalie is a true superstar!)


6. I get to meet Audrey when she is about 2 weeks old, on my drive back to TX for the summer. It's LOVE at first sight!


snuggle time on the couch

Is there anything more precious than this?
(Didn't think so)

tiny girl - only take up 2 squares

complete perfection!
7. See "my girl" again on my trip back to New Haven the beginning of August (3 months now)



8. This semester, I'm going down once a month to see my Natalie, Andrew and Audrey. I love it!

look how she's grown - takes up 4 squares now!


in the Amnesty International onsie I gave her - ain't she cute?


when I oversleep, she "appears" to wake me up in the morning
I've never had a better wake up!


look at the big girl eating rice cereal!

Conclusion: I am in love! She is a perfect, genius baby and I'm so priveledged to be close and able to see her (and of course, her parents who I also love dearly) so frequently!

No comments: