Saturday, September 22, 2007

the First Exam

How can it be that I've only just been in class for three weeks and I've already been presented with an amount of knowledge that should accompany months of study??? Indeed from one course alone I am already expected to know the entire system of fluid balance within the body - how it works, what can go wrong, how you can tell if it goes wrong and ways to fix it, Electrolyte management within the many systems of the body, normal vital signs, hormone and electrolyte levels and the basics of how to do and entire body assessment upon entering a patients room...oh, AND the basics of the cardiac system - paths, jobs, diseases and basic EKGs. One course. And we're being tested over all of that on Monday. Yes, my dear readers - two days from now. Holy cow. My weekend is filled with studying and I am amazed at how much I already know compared to this time last month when I sat in a moving truck traveling across thousands of miles of asphalt!

So, the study is going well, but needless to say it is already taking a toll. Just to prove my point:

Some nursing school friends and I two weeks ago - at the beginning of the semester.

And now - in the midst of studying. Boo Hoo!

I hope all of you are getting more sleep than I at the moment! :)

No comments: