Thursday, August 23, 2007

I am now a resident of New Haven

Just a quick note, as I am using the computer at the library....

Dad and I made it safely through three days and nearly 2,000 miles from Houston to New Haven. After having loaded the truck in 105+ degree heat, the cold front here made unloading nice - around 70 degrees! Wow - what a change. I can't believe this is August.

So, I am almost completely unpacked and the apartment is taking shape. I hadn't seen it before arriving, as one of my roommates picked it out. However, I LOVE it. The apartment is half of the first floor of a beautiful old house in a gorgeous residential part of town. We are caticorner from a small grocery and coffee shop. People and families are out running/walking their dogs and strolling all day and everyone seems to know each other. It is wonderful!

I'll post some pictures once we have the Internet up and running in the apartment.

No comments: