Thursday, June 28, 2007

Visit with Kat in London

The last day of my trip to England with mom, we spend with a good friend of mine, Kat. She had actually been in the US on vacation when we first arrived in London, but returned in time to see us before we headed home.

We started our day together at the Orangery at Kensington Palace - where Princess Diana lived when she was alive. This was a beautiful English tea parlour where we enjoyed tea and desserts. We tried to be very "proper". Here are a few pictures.


In front of Kensington Palace
Inside the Orangery

tea, anyone?

Emily and Kat with our tea
"OH, how Proper!"

mom is the best at looking proper

After tea, we explored some of London that mom and I hadn't seen yet. I don't have many pictures from this, but here is one from Portobello Road (or, "mushroom road" as mom called it). I was really excited because in the 1971 movie "Bedknobs and Broomsticks" there is a song "Portobello_Road" - and here I am at that exact place!

"Portobello road, Portobello road

Street where the riches of ages are stowed.

Anything and everything a chap can unload

Is sold off the barrow in Portobello road.

You’ll find what you want in the Portobello road."

And this, my friends, concludes my trip to England, my trans-continental journey and my 2.5 year abroad.

Homeward bound!

No comments: