Wednesday, March 07, 2007

River Fun

This past weekend was a three day weekend in Thailand. Actually, I didn't know this until Friday evening, so hadn't made any plans other than writing scholarship essays - yippee! My Thai friends had other ideas. Saturday I went into Korat city with P Noot and we spent the day eating yummy "falang" food and ice cream and shopping. Sunday I did work on essays, but Monday was a fun adventure.


On Monday, I traveled to the neighboring province of Chaiyaphum with P Noot, P Noy and 2 of P Noy's "Ps" (P means older sibling and is used loosely to refer to people who are older than you.) I'd been to this national park before. Actually, it was one of the first adventures I had in Thailand, so it seems that even this has come to a full circle.


The water was cold and refreshing and it seemed like lots of people had our same idea.


One beautiful thing about Thai people is that they rarely worry about acting "childish". Though all three of us are old "spinsters" by Thai standards (though myself considerably less so) we joined in with the kids to slide down the slippery rock. We laughed and had a great time as we did it.


Here is P Noot and P Noy after they came down the slide


And here's me as I went down.


The man that was with us, appeared to be rather grandfather like (though he joked that he should only have to pay child's entrance fee because he only had a few teeth!) but had as much fun as anyone rolling and sliding around in the water.
Here he is emerging from the water! What fun - and so cute!
We also played and wrestled around - splashing each other and having a great time of it.
P Noot tries to resist as I try to dunk her - not all the way, don't worry. (She can't swim)
It was a refreshing and wonderful day of vacation and fun.

No comments: