Sunday, October 25, 2009

Pumpkin Run

Today I let my roommate, Clo, talk me into joining her on a 5Km fun run. It was the 16th annual Haddam-Killingworth (Connecticut) Pumpkin Run. I admit that I was slightly grumpy at the thought of running 3.1 miles - particularly when I woke with a nagging head ache this morning. Last night I hoped yesterdays rain would continue into today solely to prevent me from running.

Boy was I wrong!

It was a perfect, cool (but not cold) fall day. The leaves were cheering us on...as was Clo. She ran with me, despite my slow pace and encouraged me all the way. I ran the whole way - never stopping to walk and ended up making pretty good time (34 minutes 17 seconds). It was delightful!

I think I'll do more 5Ks! What a great way to get exercise, stay in shape and be outdoors!

Here we are before the race started. I was not technically a participant, hence I have a shirt (gift from Clo) but no number.


And the finish line is in sight.....


HOORAY!!!! We made it. I'm feeling strong!
A perfect fall day for a perfectly fun run!

No comments: