Wednesday, November 01, 2006

My last post from my trip with Katarina...

We returned to Bangkok last weekend and filled our time with temples and markets. Saturday we visited the Grand Palace, Temple of the Emerald Buddha (it's really jade) and Wat Pho before hitting the sopping mall to look for great Gucci copies. Here are pictures from the Grand Palace:

Kat and the giant guard at the Grand Palace

The actual palace

Kat by the Reclining Buddha at Wat Pho


Sunday we spent the morning at the floating market (actually about 2 hours from Bangkok, which I didn't realise). It was very commercialized, which I didn't like, but really neat all the same. The afternoon brought us to Chatuchak Market - the Bangkok Weekend market - a crazy crowded place filled, in my opinion, with anything you could ever want to buy in Thailand! Here are some pictures from the floating market:


Fruit and snack sellers at the floating market

"Hats for sale!"

No comments: