Wednesday, October 04, 2006

We're over the hump! And a beautiful sunny Wednesday and Thursday it was too!

The rain has finally let up, so I took the train out to a school about 30 minutes from my house yesterday. I usually come here on Monday afternoons to work with an additional drama group I formed a few months ago.

I decided to "take on" this school after meeting some of the students at an english camp. they are very smart and enthusiastic, so we started an English language drama group (or TYT - Thai Youth Theatre). We're preparting for a big theatre festival in February when all the volunteers that have TYT groups will come together, the students will have some classes in theatre and everyone will perform.

My group is working on "Cinderella Around the World". Since Cinderella travels to all seven continents, we decided to make a map as part of our backdrop. So, we came together yesterday and traced the world onto a blue piece of cloth. Lucky for us the school has a projector and we didn't have to use the grid method (which I used at another school last year and took forever!)



Today we painted in the countries.


There were a few moments when the students tried to create new countries, extend borders or erase contries all together, but with the help of two atlases, we managed to come out with a version of the world that is very nearly correct. :)



Yippee - the whole world!

1 comment:

KateMV said...

Wow, it looks beautiful! I can't believe you did it so fast.